Meow's Postcard Exchange

Back in early April, 2006, I put out a post on my main blog, asking if anyone wanted to join a Postcard Exchange ... this is still open. If you would like to join this exchange, just email me with your snail-mail address, and I will send you mine by return email, and there we go !!! Complete discretion is guaranteed ... your postal addresses will remain private and confidential, as (I hope) mine will to you. This blog is to display all the wonderful postcards I have received.

Monday, May 29, 2006

I received two more postcards today, both from people who I had already received cards from. Thank you, dear friends, for continuing to send cards.

The first is from Jean-Luc, and is from Chester, in Cheshire, England. It shows the Eastgate from Foregate Street. It looks like a very historical place (as it seems much of England is). I'm guessing it is a good shopping area, judging by the number of people carrying shopping bags in the picture !!

The next one is from Marie, and is from Söderköping. She is on a canal trip across Sweden, with her family. According to her card, so far they have passed through 3 locks and have risen 7m above sea level. By the time they reach Gothenburg on the west coast, they will have passed through 64 locks and risen over 92m, before descending back to sea level. The town of Söderköping is a small and quiet town of 14,000 people. The older parts date back over 1,000 years and the court house pictured dates back to the late 18th century. It looks like an amazing place.

Thank you, both of you, for your lovel cards.

5 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Gail said...

It must be great to see the world and all these interesting places,thru your postcards,keep dreaming about your oz trip,you will achieve it one day. Hugs

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Merle said...

Hi Meow ~~ Lovely post-cards again.
Thank you for your visit and comment.
The weather here is pretty darn cold.
Often 0 overnight and up to 16 or 17.
I hope your week is going well too, as mine is. Take care, Merle.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Dick said...

Things are a lot quieter here on this Tue morning that feels like a Mon. Having K here for four days was fun but busy. It is neat that you are still getting more postcards. How about a counter on this blog that gives us a quick total of the number received so far?

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Glad you got my card, Meow. Great music with it.

I've republished my Journal and now it seems to be fixed. I noticed that the screen was all black at first, like you said.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Gail ... thank you, it is great fun receiving these postcards. And, yes, we will achieve our Oz trip one day ... sooner, rather than later, we hope !!

Merle ...thank you. It is very crisp (almost) winter weather, isn't it. I love the icy mornings, which turn into lovely sunny days. Glad for the central heating, though !!

Dick ... sounds like you had a full on weekend ... go-karting is so much fun. A counter sounds like a great idea ... I'll work on it !!

Jean-luc ... thank you. Glad you got your blog back to normal. I was worried.

Have a great week, friends. Take care, Meow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home