Meow's Postcard Exchange

Back in early April, 2006, I put out a post on my main blog, asking if anyone wanted to join a Postcard Exchange ... this is still open. If you would like to join this exchange, just email me with your snail-mail address, and I will send you mine by return email, and there we go !!! Complete discretion is guaranteed ... your postal addresses will remain private and confidential, as (I hope) mine will to you. This blog is to display all the wonderful postcards I have received.

Monday, May 22, 2006

I was really excited when I went to my letterbox today ... there were 5 postcards and an letter from blogging friends. Let me share them with you ...

The first one is from Marie, and shows a lovely view over Stockholm. It looks like a beautiful place. Marie says it is often called "The Venice Of The North". Apparently Stockholm is built on 14 islands, joined by 53 bridges, and dates back to the 1200's. The city is one third water, one third green space (there are 38 parks) and one third buildings. Sounds amazing. Thank you Marie for the beautiful postcard.

The second one is from Momyblogr, and shows a night time view of downtown Nashville, Music City USA. She says that things in Music City are really warming up - gearing up for Summer. It looks like another gorgeous place. From what I know of Nashville, it is the home of Country Music ... hope I'm right in saying that. Thank you, too Momyblogr, for the great card.

The next two are both from Angel Jr, and are of Florida. The first one show the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, which he says is one of his favourite veiws of Florida. I can see why ... it looks amazing. What an enormous bridge ... a real feat of engineering, I would imagine. The card states that it is 15.1 miles long, and connects St. Petersburg with Bradenton.

The second one from Angel shows a stylised map of Florida. Looks like it would be a fun place to live. A lot of the places shown on the map are places I have seen on all those teen summer and spring break type movies. Thank you Angel for the cards. They are wonderful.

Next is one from Clare, showing a view over London. It shows the Tower Bridge, which was built in 1894, and is the gateway to the City of London. It crosses the River Thames. This bridge opens to allow shipping into The Pool Of London. I guess we Aussies have always had a connection to England, due to us both being part of the Commonwealth. I know it is another place I would love to visit (as are all the places I have received postcards from ... my travel bug is itching to get going !!). Thank you Clare, for the lovely card.

And finally, Kyahgirl sent me a map of Fort Saskatchewan, saying that she thought it would be better than a postcard, as I can look it over and learn a bit about where she lives. You know what, it is really cool. There is so much detail, and information, and photography on this map. It is really interesting. She has marked a few points of interest for me. Thank you, Kyahgirl, what a wonderful idea ... I will sit down later with Chicky, and we will study this map.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home