Meow's Postcard Exchange

Back in early April, 2006, I put out a post on my main blog, asking if anyone wanted to join a Postcard Exchange ... this is still open. If you would like to join this exchange, just email me with your snail-mail address, and I will send you mine by return email, and there we go !!! Complete discretion is guaranteed ... your postal addresses will remain private and confidential, as (I hope) mine will to you. This blog is to display all the wonderful postcards I have received.

Monday, June 05, 2006

I received another lovely postcard today. This one is from Montreal, in Canada, and is from Stinkypaws. It shows a beautiful picture of Old Montreal, and the blurb on the card says "Flower gardens and 19th century architectue are all part of the charm of Old Montreal". Stinkypaws says that the picture is of Place Jacques-Cartier (who is one of the discoverers of Canada), and the building with the green roof is Montreal's City Hall. She says there are lots of terraces, street vendors, artists, etc. It certainly sounds like a wonderful place. Thank you so much for the gorgeous card.

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger stinkypaw said...

The postal services were quite fast, I'm impressed. Last month I sent a package to a friend in Zurich and it took over 7 weeks for him to get it!

Glad you liked the card. It's weird to buy a card from where you live, versus where you're visiting. BTW, you were good at making out my hand writing which is pretty bad.

If you'd like, next winter (for us) I'll send you one that shows the city under its white coat of snow.
Quite a different look!

Old Montreal is the place to be in the summer. We will be having a fireworks comptetion (has been going on for many years, every summer), from June 17th to July 29th - lots of different countries, very nice. Australia will be competing on July 26th.

Check out their web site: www.internationaldesfeuxloto-quebec.com

If you ever make you way this way, let me know, I'll be happy to show you the town!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hey there !!
Sometimes the postal service surprises us all !!
I will be getting some more cards soon (I have a couple more to send this time round, then I start again !!), this time perhaps of another part of Victoria !!
Montreal looks like an amazing place. I will have to have a look at the website you shared.
Likewise if you ever get out this way ... I love to be a tour-guide.
Take care, have a great week ... Meow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home