Meow's Postcard Exchange

Back in early April, 2006, I put out a post on my main blog, asking if anyone wanted to join a Postcard Exchange ... this is still open. If you would like to join this exchange, just email me with your snail-mail address, and I will send you mine by return email, and there we go !!! Complete discretion is guaranteed ... your postal addresses will remain private and confidential, as (I hope) mine will to you. This blog is to display all the wonderful postcards I have received.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

In the past few days I have received 4 more postcards.

The first is from Kimber, and shows a beautiful view of the windswept beaches of Vancouver Island, in British Columbia, Canada. The building in the photo is the Wickaninnish Inn, on Chesterman Beach, in the heart of Clayoquot Sound. Wow, it looks amazing. Kimber says if you look closely, you might be able to see her surfing. Hang Five, Kimber !!

The next two are from Dragonflyfilly. The first one shows Canada Harbour Place, in Vancouver, Canada. The card says that Vancouver's Wold Trade and Convention Centre is located on one of the most beautiful pieces of property in the world and is attached to the Pan Pacific Hotel. It actually looks like a boat, but my guess it is reclaimed land, or built on a pier type construction. It looks amazing.

The second one from Dragonflyfilly shows a bunch of monkeys with skis and snowboards, drinking beer. Definately a cool card.

The final card is from Tonia, and is from Columbus, Ohio. Tonia writes that Columbus is the state capital of Ohio. The estimated population of the Columbus metropolitan area is 1.7 million. Ohio became a state in 1803 and Columbus was made capital in 1812. Columbus is home to the Ohio State University. Ohio is known for its Native American burial mounds, it's love of sports, and the State Candy called "Buckeyes", which is made with chocolate and peanut butter (sounds yummy !!). On the card, from left to right is the downtown skyline, the State Capital Building, and more of the downtown skyline. Ohio sounds like an interesting place.

Thank you ladies for your lovely cards. I really think it is time I came to America and Canada to visit all the wonderful places I have received postcards from. Also, of course, to all the other countries from where I have received cards.

I have put all these postcards together in a lovely album, which displays both the picture and the writing and postage stamps. I am happily sharing it around with my friends, who are astounded at all the wonderful cards I have been receiving.

7 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

They are wonderful postcards. I had fun with those chimps.

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

yes, you are right meow, the sails are not really a boat, just part of a pier, which in fact has always been a pier, where i remember docking when i returned from my trip through the Panama Canal, but it did not look as nice as this, it was really old and dirty and scruffy. Don't you think this looks a little like that theatre in Australia, i think, situated in Melbourne?

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Fridays Child ... the chimps are great ... I want one !!

PJ ... The building is stunning, and I thought it might be on a pier. I guess it does look a bit like the Sydney Opera House, with the sails ... I think that is where you were talking about !! Thank you so much, I love the cards.

Reverberate ... monkeys are soo cute. I would love to exchange postcards with you ... I will email my address to you asap.

Thanks everyone.
Have a great day, take care, Meow

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Jon ... thank you, I love collecting them.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Dick said...

What is the total number of cards you have received so far? And, from how many different bloggers?

Did you get a chance to check that post on my Miata Club's site from the Aussie couple who went on the MG Club rally here in April? The time will come when Chicky grows up & you won't have as much need for a minivan. Then you & Mr Meow might thing about getting a Miata. They may be called a Mazda MX5 in Australia. They are fun.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger kimber said...

Meow, I received your postcard today! Thank you so much! It's wonderful to get mail!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Dick ... a rough count gives me 36 or so cards, from 30 different bloggers. Pretty cool, huh !?!
I have had a chance to check out that link ... thank you. It sounds really interesting. I love little sporty cars ... mmmm, one day !!

Kimber ... I am so glad it arrived. It's fun exchanging postcards, don't you think ???

Take care, Meow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home