Meow's Postcard Exchange

Back in early April, 2006, I put out a post on my main blog, asking if anyone wanted to join a Postcard Exchange ... this is still open. If you would like to join this exchange, just email me with your snail-mail address, and I will send you mine by return email, and there we go !!! Complete discretion is guaranteed ... your postal addresses will remain private and confidential, as (I hope) mine will to you. This blog is to display all the wonderful postcards I have received.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I'm very excited ... after a break of a couple of weeks, I got 3 new postcards today !!

The first is from Jack, and shows a wonderful picture of Missoula. The text on the backof the card says it is "Missoula Summer Twilight" ... "This panoramic view overlooking Missoula shows a typical summer sunset enjoyed by many visitors and residence that hike the "M" trail. The University of Montana is nesteld at the base of Mount Sentinel and is bordered by the Clark Fork River." Jack says that this is the town he lives in and grew up in. Apparently it was much smaller in the 60s ! It certainly looks like a beautiful place to live. Thank you Jack.

The second card is another one from Marie, who is on a sailing tour. Marie says that they are finally on the west coast of Sweden, sailing in these belautiful waters in the province of Bohuslän. She says it is a very popular sailing destination for boats from Sweden, Norway, Germany, Denmark and Holland. At the moment, they are in the town of Strömstad - the most westerly township in Sweden, just a few kilometers south of the Norwegion border. It looks like they are having an amazing trip ... I would love to do something like that one day. Thanks, Marie, for sharing your travels with me.

This last on is from Peg, and shows a map of Iowa. It is really interesting receiving postcards with maps on them. Being on the other side of the world, I really don't know much about America. These little cards are teaching me little bits and pieces about a part of a world I know nothing about. It is great funl. Thank you, Peg, for the card. It is wonderful.

6 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Kali said...

These are great...how nice to get 'nice' mail :)

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Thanks, Kali ... it is fun to get 'nice' mail.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Peg ... thank you so much, it is a great card. I did find your town on it ... that's so cool.
Take care, Meow

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Peg .. I am so glad it arrived. I can't believe how some I post arrive really quickly, whilst others take ages !! Who can figure !! Melbourne is a gorgeous city ... I wouldn't live anywhere else.
We need rain, too ... and it is Winter here ... our water catchments are soooo low.
Thank you, take care, Meow

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger ~jack~ said...

Meeeooow!
I'm still waiting for the post-card , I think it must have gotten lost in the bottom of a mail bag... :((
Maybe, now that I've said that, It will show up tomorrow.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Jack, how odd ... I posted it back in June. If it doesn't turn up soon, I will send another.
Take care, Meow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home