Meow's Postcard Exchange

Back in early April, 2006, I put out a post on my main blog, asking if anyone wanted to join a Postcard Exchange ... this is still open. If you would like to join this exchange, just email me with your snail-mail address, and I will send you mine by return email, and there we go !!! Complete discretion is guaranteed ... your postal addresses will remain private and confidential, as (I hope) mine will to you. This blog is to display all the wonderful postcards I have received.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I received 4 more wonderful postcards from Rev. Shawn yesterday. It appears he is on a holiday trip from his home in Manitoba, all the way to Northern Vancouver Island. I must get out my Atlas, so that I can see what sort of distance this is. On the first card he stated that they had covered 2300 kilometres in 36 hours. From the time frame of the next 3 cards, it seems it was a 4 day trip to get where they are staying.

The first card is of the Canadian Rockies, showing a breathtaking view of Mt. Assiniboine. I must say, it looks absolutely stunning ... just like something out of a picture book.

The next card shows an aerial view of Vancouver, showing the inner harbour with 1,000 acre Stanley Park in the foreground and Mt. Baker, in Washington State, in the background. Rev Shawn says it was very hot ... 40ÂșC+ !

The next card is from Victoria (strange receiving a card IN Victoria, FROM Victoria !!). The photo on the card shows the Provincial Legislative Buildings, Victoria, B.C. Apparently it was designed by Francis Rattenbury. The beautiful building was illuminated in June 1887 in honour of the Diamond Jubilee of Her Majesty, Queen Victoria.

This last card shows Travelling Orca, and comes from Northern Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. What beautiful creatures these killer whales are ... I am always reminded of the magical movie Free Willy. Rev. Shawn says the weather is somewhat cooler than they had on their trip up, but is still wonderful. The kids are playing in the water, and they will be busy doing family holiday stuff. I am sooooo jealous. I hope you have a great time, Rev, and thank you so much for all the wonderful cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home