Meow's Postcard Exchange

Back in early April, 2006, I put out a post on my main blog, asking if anyone wanted to join a Postcard Exchange ... this is still open. If you would like to join this exchange, just email me with your snail-mail address, and I will send you mine by return email, and there we go !!! Complete discretion is guaranteed ... your postal addresses will remain private and confidential, as (I hope) mine will to you. This blog is to display all the wonderful postcards I have received.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Marie was very kind, sending me many postcards during her travels in 2006. This one is from Monsteras, a small coastal hamlet in the province of Smaland. It is very picturesque, with the central part of the town built around a magnificent medieval church and made up of a maze of tiny, winding streets of cobblestone, lined with wooden houses dating back to the late 17th century. The town itself is much older, but various invading armies from Denmark, Poland, Germany and Russia used to periodically raze the town until the treaty of Roskilde in 1658.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home