Meow's Postcard Exchange

Back in early April, 2006, I put out a post on my main blog, asking if anyone wanted to join a Postcard Exchange ... this is still open. If you would like to join this exchange, just email me with your snail-mail address, and I will send you mine by return email, and there we go !!! Complete discretion is guaranteed ... your postal addresses will remain private and confidential, as (I hope) mine will to you. This blog is to display all the wonderful postcards I have received.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

This postcard arrived today ... June 17th 2007. Thank you, Jean-Luc (Capt. Picard) for continuing to think of me and my Postcard Exchange. Jean-Luc has just returned to England, after doing a bit of travelling. This postcard is from Cobh, Co. Cork ... Situated in Cork harbour and only 24 kms from the city of Cork. The magnificent St. Colman's Cathedral which dominates the scene is the glory of the Diocese of Cloyne and is constructed in the French Gothic style. It has an impressive exteror of blue Dalkey granite. The cathedral has a carillon of forty seven bells, one of the largest in these islands.

6 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Glad you like it. This was the first stop on my cruise to Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Holland and Belgium.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

i got this one too! and it reminded me that my mom and sister and i stopped in there on our way to Canada via England. (way way back in 1961 - i had forgotten until i saw the postcard...funny what things triggers one's memory, eh?

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Jean-luc ... thank you, it was great to receive the card. And I'm glad your cruise went well ... must have been wonderful.

Dragonflyfilly ... how nice that you got the same one ... snap !!
It looks like a great place. So, are you not originally from Canada ?

Take care, Meow

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

nope, i was born in SA (S.Africa), came to Canada when i was about 11 years old....but...

"i am Canadian" [and as i often say, i should be getting royalties for that phrase, which i coined in about 1970! (hah hah!)]

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Wow, born in South Africa ... that would have been an amazing place to live.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Chanakyan said...

Hi Meow, I love to join the Post card exchange. I am India. But I dont get your email id in this site. So pls mail me your email id to dr.vs.arun@gmail.com I will send you my snail-mail address. Arun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home